Thursday, March 15, 2007

The World's Most Expensive Bag.







Made by Louis Vuitton, this monstrosity of a bag is constructed from 15 LV purses of past fame along with "rare feathers" and bits of alligator skin. Dubbed the "Tribute Bag", this baby can be yours for a mere $42,000 - and of course, there are a measley 20 available for purchase.

My personal opinion? HELLO TO THE NO. This bag to me represents conspicuous consumption to the fullest. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the beautiful draping of a $3000 Yohji coat or the sleek organic curvature of a $700 Brian Atwood peep toe, but if I had a spare $42,000 lying around, believe you me I would not be buying THIS. This bag gives fashion a really, really bad name. Sorry for the hater post, but it had to be done.

p.s. -- come saturday, there will be a really fun survey up! come and see...


xoxo

c.